While out shaking what my momma gave me (which really isn't much and I am not a great shaker but at least I enjoy myself) a gentleman with very groomed brows grabbed my arm, pulled me closer and shouted: "You're gorgeous".
I was taken aback.
This was quickly followed with "I'm a big gay queen! Shhh, don't tell anyone..."
He made my night with that second comment.
13 comments:
:)
I don't think I've ever heard a straight guy use the word gorgeous.
I think if a man is going to refer to himself as a queen, the whole big, gay part is sort of understood...
That is totally the awesomest thing I have heard in weeks.
What a surreal experience!
And Sonja, I call my wife gorgeous all the time. The fact I'm married is supposed to imply I'm straight. :-)
"Very groomed brows" - love the fact that that's the detail you picked up on...
But, wait, by telling everyone here, haven't you done exactly what he asked you not to do? ;)
Sonja: My friend refers to his wife that way all the time.
Megan: Ha! It is but it was such a good moment that I'm very happy he phrased it like that.
CBK: It was. Nothing like that has ever happened before.
Oh. Wait. Someone once asked if I could sell him some coke...
GH: They were perfectly shaped.
I think he meant the frat boys in the pub...
I once had a rather flamboyantly dressed man walk up to me in a club, and just stand there with his arms open as if we were long lost friends. I just stood there, confused until he nodded as if he understood. He patted me on the arm and walked on.
I have no idea what it was all about.
Oh you so should have jumped in his arms! :D
So... maybe I'm not gorgeous enough to have my husband call me that? Dang.
Maybe I was just overcompensating because I had a gay classmate who (almost criminally) overused that word.
No way, not true! Gorgeous just isn't your husband's word of choice, that's all.
So you know it's true because the gays know gorgeous!
Well he had been drinking...but I am trying to be positive about it. :)
That is just too cute....I like to shake my thing too but I am not all that great at it. At least I get some exercise and have fun doing it, though, huh?
It really is about the fun isn't it? I enjoy myself and quite possibly look like a weird but it's fun!
Post a Comment